Do Homosexuals go to Heaven?
“Do Homosexuals go to Heaven?” This was the question that was asked me last week. The answer is “No”. But then again heterosexuals won’t go to to Heaven either. Huh??
Well, what I mean is this, although the Bible speaks against homosexuality and condemns it as a sin, we won’t be excluded or allowed into Heaven based on our sexual preference. What keeps us out of Heaven is refusing to repent from sin and refusing to accept Him as Lord and Savior. The problem with Homosexuality and any other sin is that when I take part in them, it demonstrates that I am refusing to make Jesus Lord of my life. If He is truly Lord of my life, then I will do things that show that He truly is Lord.
The illustration I like to use to help us understand this concept is a marital relationship. I can say “I love you” to my wife, but how can she really know that i mean it? The only way she is going to know if those words really mean anything is if I demonstrate my love to her through the way I act towards her and through my faithful commitment to her.
In the same sense, the only way I going to demonstrate my love for God is if I do the things that are pleasing to Him. I can’t say He is my Lord but then go against what He says. He is either Lord of all or He is not Lord at all. I can’t have it both ways.
“No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.” 1 John 3:9
If you are going to call Him Lord then make Him Lord. If you are struggling, here is how to make Him Lord:
1. Pray and be sincere. Confess your struggles and ask Him to help.
2. Change your mind. Dwell on good things (scripture) instead of filling your mind with junk (video games, movies, etc..
3. Change your actions. Do things that are going to help you grow and not take you further away (hang out at church, stay away from places that you know are dangerous).
4. Develop good friends that will ask you those hard questions.
5. Be open with youth leaders, they are there for you.